Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday October 3, 2010-Moving day, Serendipity Bay RV Park to Rayford Crossing RV Resort

We woke to a delightfully cool morning with clear blue skies and dryer humidity. It was a great morning to be on the coast and later for traveling. We went over to the Fogarty's to drink some coffee with them. We had talked about going to the Blessing Hotel for lunch today, but they had learned that Ryan, their grandson, had a ball game this afternoon and we really wanted to get on back to Rayford to settle in, so we all just loaded up and took off.

Before leaving, I met a couple that had been staying in the park in a Sundance trailer. We had a nice chat and I learned that they are going to Rockport for the winter. I told them about the luncheon that is planned in February, so I hope to run into them again down there. They said they want to move up to a larger trailer and want to stay with a Heartland product, so I referred them to Jerry at Ron Hoover RV's in Donna. Maybe they will do some business with him.

We pulled out of the park a little after 10. We were in no big hurry to leave because we only have 130 miles to go today. We took a different route today also, Hwy. 71 to 59 and into Houston from there. It was a much smoother way to go and we enjoyed the trip. We took our time and arrived at Rayford about 1:30. It's good to be back home...

We talked to Gwen for a long time when we got here and went down to our site and got all set up. I didn't set up the porch yet because I'm taking it back to Steve Van Dusen in Manvel to have it re-powder coated. He did the job for me awhile back and it didn't last, so he agreed to do it again.

I visited with several old friends that have come in before us, and watched the Texans football game (we won!!) and ate a pizza for our supper. It turned chilly tonight, the coldest night so far, and it sure made for some good sleeping. I am having coffee with the guys again, so with the exception of some of the winter Texans not being here yet, things are back to normal. We'll be going back to work at Timber Ridge again on Tuesday and things will truly be back to normal soon.

So long.

No comments: