Friday, October 26, 2012

Sunday-Thursday October 21-25, 2012-Inks Lake State Park

We didn't do too much Sunday but watched the football games on television. We were scheduled to work this afternoon at the boat rental dock but when we got there, all the boats were in and no one seemed to want to rent one. We stayed around for a little while, cleaning up the area. I moved some walking sticks to a different storage area. It seemed like wasted time but we did get something accomplished.

Monday we went in and talked to Sue about getting a schedule for working at the store renting boats. All she could give us was Friday and Saturday afternoons, so we had to find more work to do to satisfy our job requirement, so we went to talk to Chris the lead ranger. He said there were plenty of jobs and to just get one of the Gators and pick up trash, clean firepits or any of the other jobs. He said that on Wednesday, all of the hosts would be used to help out in shutting down the water in the park and repairing some valves, so this week's time would be taken care of.

Tuesday I decided to mow our yard. We have one of the larger sites with a huge yard. I began with a small lawn mower to cut around the trees and in tight areas before getting one of the Grasshopper riding mowers. My training at Caddo Lake paid off because I was familiar with the operation of the mower and was soon finished. I had forgotten how much "fun" mowing was. It wasn't particularly hot but it was very humid and it didn't take long to work up a good sweat!

Stella washed our clothes in the afternoon. The park has two washers and two dryers for us to use but you have to write in the times to reserve the machines and she had taken this afternoon. It really isn't hard, especially since the washers are in the maintenance office building, right down the street from our site. I took her down and Tramp and I went down a couple of hours later to get her and all the clean clothes and bring them home.

Wednesday we began early in the morning on our assignment for the water line repair. We were given the job of monitoring the only bathroom in the park while the repairs were made. It wasn't bad and I had brought a couple of our chairs, so we sat in the shade beside the bathroom and read our Kindles. We had other hosts that came by and visited with us during the day, so it wasn't a bad gig at all.

Thursday I decided to return my new computer that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I am just getting used to the workings of Windows 7 using Google Chrome as the operating system when all of a sudden I could not connect to the Internet. Nothing could do to fix this problem, so I took it back to Georgetown to the Best Buy where I had bought it. Of course they brought out one of their Geek Squad guys and he turned it on and everything came up without a problem. What can I say, it never fails! We ended up just making a day of being over there and did a little shopping and got something to eat before coming back home. It turned out to be a pretty good day and we enjoyed ourselves. Maybe we're just easily satisfied...

So long.

No comments: