Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friday April 13, 2012-Bill and Ornell Sims' house

We had a very laid-back day today. We woke and then went with Bill to run some errands around Beaumont. It was nice to just ride with him and not have to drive! I have been driving for most of my life and since we retired, I have been the only driver, so it was nice to just sit back and enjoy the view as we drove around town. I have always loved to people-watch.

After completing the errands, we went to the grocery store to pick up a few items and then returned home. Bill and I could hear our recliners calling us to come spend some time in them, so we did! I got about an hour of naptime but I'm not sure how much time Bill got. He's got a new puppy (Sophie) and she is a ball of fire!

Ornell has been working nights this weeks, so when she woke up, we decided to go eat some Mexican food tonight before she had to leave for work. We went to the Taco Rey restaurant in Nederland. This is an old family run restaurant and the food was very good. They have a small 3 man band on Friday, and it was enjoyable to sit and listen to the music after our meal.

We have spent a lot of time sitting outside while we are here. The weather has been very pleasant but I'll bet it won't be long until it warms up and makes sitting outside impossible. We'll take it while we can though..

So long.

No comments: