Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday April 18, 2012-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

The main thing we did today was to ride down to Texas City to get some things out of storage that I needed. Also, Jeremy had called last night to tell us that Kim had been in a traffic accident yesterday and although she was all right, her car was totaled. We wanted to go by and check on her, especially since our storage is right around the corner from her house.

She was fine when we got there, and we didn't stay very long before heading back to Spring. While on our way, I decided to call our old friend Harry so we could go by and check on him while we were in town. He and Judy recently moved to a new park and we wanted to look at it for a possible location to stay in the future. Harry was fine and we didn't stay long and managed to miss most of the bad evening traffic in Houston.

When we got home, we found a note on the front door from a guy named Joe, who was sub-contracting for the company that has the contract with Rayford, telling me that his lawn service guys had cut the cable to our satellite dish. I called him before I checked the dish and told him that a cut cable should be no problem, but I soon found that not only had the cable been cut, it had torn out the power plug into the satellite and bent the cable plug, in effect destroying the dish. I called Joe back immediately and gave him the bad news. He was shocked when he learned the price of the small antennas, and told me that he didn't have the money to buy a new one, nor did he have insurance. I knew that the park requires all workers to have insurance, so I went to visit with the office to let them know what had happened. Melissa and Gwen were surprised when they found out what I had been told, and told me that it would be taken care of for me. Joe called me back and promised to find a replacement antenna and that he would call me tomorrow. We'll see how that works out...!

So long.

No comments: