Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday April 10, 2012-Caddo Lake NWR

Todd and Sue were ready to leave about 8 this morning, so we went outside to see them off. They have about 1200 miles to get home to Michigan and want to get an early start. We sent them on their way with hugs and handshakes and it was sad to see them go. Who will we have drinks with in the afternoon now?

I decided to mow this morning because it is looking pretty shaggy around here. I went to the shop and talked to Josh a little bit before getting the Kubota Zero Turn mower and starting out. It took a while to get the hang of using "joysticks" instead of a steering wheel but I got it figured out and about five hours later, I was through!

Todd called about 5:30 to tell me that they were in Illinois already! Wow, that's much further than we would have driven in one day, but they are excited about getting back home after being gone over three months. We just stayed inside and did nothing for the rest of the afternoon, because I was tired and sunburned and of course, there was no one else to hang out with.

Tomorrow will be our last full day here too, so we will begin our preparations to leave then. We are excited to be leaving, but dreading having to put everything away after being here two months. I know we'll get 'er done!

So long.

No comments: