Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunday June 3, 2012-Custers Gulch RV Park

Today we rode up to Deadwood and Sturgis, coming back through Rapid City and then through the Custer State Park. This is a beautiful drive in some really pretty scenery.

 This is an explanation of Lake Sheridan, which was built on top of the original town of Sheridan. This is a beautiful little lake.

 This young man has just caught this 6" fish. "Help me take it off the hook Daddy"
Some of the many buffalo (bison) seen at the Custer State Park/

A couple of the wild burro's seen at the park. I didn't take a picture of the other end of these burro's because it looked too much like a politician that we all know.

Another view of one of the lakes. Actually, this one was formed by the location of the dam and is highly used by boaters and fishermen.

Like all the mountainous areas, it is impossible to photograph the grandeur of the mountains. We drove down some treacherous, narrow roads, tiny-one vehicle bridges and tunnels that I had to blow my horn to keep from running head-on into an oncoming car. I was simply too busy driving and Stella was busy directing me, to take any photos of these sights. If we go back, I'll try to get some shots for you.

So long.

No comments: