Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday April 19, 2013-Moving day-Dardenne Prairie MO to Terre Haute IN KOA

We stayed home all day yesterday because it rained and stormed all day and there were tornadoes forecast for the area, so we stayed in and watched the weather. I was not able to get the satellite dish to lock in because of the trees surrounding Sam's property but we got a dozen or so channels over the air antenna with a great picture, so we had some television to watch. 

We woke to very cold temperatures again this morning. Winter has returned to the midwest! We began to load up about 8 this morning after drinking coffee with Sam one last time.  Things went back in place very quickly and we were ready to back down his long driveway about 9. It took me several tries and I thought I had stuck the trailer in the soft mud one time, but I made it and we were backed out into the street and on our way. 

While we were loading up, I was working on my items outside and guess what? It began to snow on me! Snow had not been forecast but it was coming down! The snow was very light and it wasn't cold enough for it to stick, but it was plenty cold! It remained cold after we got on the road and we made a rest stop just after we entered Illinois, and it started to snow again! Wow, snowed on in two different states on the same day!


Tramp is ready to go! He sits up on the console and watches out for me. When he lays in his bed in the back seat and hears the turn signal go on and the truck begins to slow down, he jumps up to watch where we are going and why I am stopping.

We saw lots of high water along the highway. I guess all the snow melt and the recent rains have filled the rivers and streams. These photos were taken somewhere between the Missouri River and the Mississippi.




We arrived at the Terre Haute KOA about 1:15 our time but 2:15 their time since we're in the Eastern Time Zone. We'll get all the clocks reset since we'll be in Indiana for the next couple of months. At least it's not snowing!

So long.

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

It's great you met Sam and Donna, we try to see them yearly when we're with my sister.

Have safe travels. We'll be in that area for Mother's Day.