Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday April 21, 2013-Elkhart Campground

It was very cold here this morning, 24 degrees! Yikes, will winter never leave? Lucky I left the gray water valves open so we could drip the bathroom and kitchen to keep from freezing up. The fireplace ran all night and we finally turned it off and used the little portable heater that we brought. I had complained about lugging it along, but it paid for itself this morning.

We used the cold weather as an excuse to stay inside where we are warm. The only thing I did today was work on the satellite dish. I took it apart and checked all of the connections which were all tight. When I had the done off, I hooked the cables back up and the dish pointed at the birds in the sky, so I know it's working. I posted my problem on the Heartland Owners forum and have a couple of suggestions to try. We'll see how that works out...

In the afternoon, Stella took our clothes to the laundry here in the park. While she was there, I checked on Facebook and discovered that a couple, Harry and Jessica were parked on the other side of the park. I have been following their blog for awhile as they sold their house and went full timing. I went over and met them and learned that they are on their way to South Dakota to get their drivers licenses and to establish their residency there and would only be here overnight. They plan to return on their way back in a week or so, and we are planning to spend some time together then.

My pre-rally work starts tomorrow.

So long.

No comments: