Friday, July 11, 2014

Thursday July 10, 2014-Addison Oaks county park, Leonard MI

We have been just hanging out for the last couple of days. Stella and I went to the store and bought groceries for the first time in a couple of weeks, or I should say, Stella bought groceries and I capped Munzees in the parking lot. The groceries were needed and I had some fun capping all the Munzees in the two parking lots where we were.

Ted  invited me to go to his shooting club this morning where he shoots skeet. I have never done this and wanted to watch, and had a good time. Let me tell you, NEVER steal from a skeet shooter and expect to run away without getting shot. They seldom miss!

We came home and got cleaned up a bit and drove over to Frankenmuth MI for the afternoon. The girls did some shopping in the Birch Run outlet malls and I, well, guess what I did? Yep, capped Munzees in the parking lot! Ted and I did some shopping at the Coleman factory store but I couldn't find anything that I couldn't live without

After shopping, we went to Zehnder's for supper. They have a daily special of a family-style broasted chicken dinner with all the trimmings that is a good bargain. It includes soup, an appetizer spread bread, along with the main course. It is also listed as the number 1 tourist attraction in Michigan and it's easy to see why. The place was packed on a Thursday afternoon. I can only imagine what it's like on the weekend, or a special day like Mother's day.

After finishing our meal, we took a walk around the area, admiring the beautiful flowers and the grounds. It's really nice to see an entire city devoted to the look and presentation. Beautiful...

So long.

No comments: