Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tuesday July 8, 2014-Moving day-Little River Casino campground to Addison Oaks county park, Leonard MI

We were up early to start preparing to leave here but it was pouring down rain! I decided to stay inside for a bit until the rain stopped or at least slacked up. It stopped about 8, so into the shower I went and then outside I went to get started. I took the time out to walk across the parking lot to check us out and to get a receipt for our stay. I had a chat with the person on duty about their rates for the holiday weekend. They upped our charges by $14 for the four day 4th of July weekend with absolutely no additional activities or events and I told her that I felt that this was outrageous. Of course, all she could do was quote me the new company policy but at least I felt better.

After a visit to the dump station we were off! We made very good time and only made one stop, at the Michigan welcome center in Clare. It turned out to be the perfect stop, about halfway through our journey today with several Munzees for me to find. 

We had decided that since we have a couple of weeks with no place special to go that we would head over to the Addison Oaks county park in Leonard Michigan, where our friends Ted and Donna are staying. We have stayed there a couple of times and don't really like this park but we wanted to surprise our friends and spend some time with them. They are here for the marriage of one of their daughters, so they'll be busy some of the time here, but at least we'll get to visit and catch up with them.

We got here about 2:30 and discovered that their Ted's truck was gone so we assumed that they were away. We got the trailer set up and just after getting my truck moved into a parking spot, Ted drove up. He was surprised to see us and said that Donna was sick and had been in their trailer. When we spoke with her a few minutes later, she said that she heard us when we drove up but she couldn't see who it was until after Ted got home. It was fun to surprise our friends!

After getting all set up, we went over to visit for awhile before having a wonderful supper of leftovers from the 4th of July party that Ted and Donna had. After a great meal, topped off with some really good watermelon, we sat outside by a nice campfire that Ted had prepared. Ted goes around and scrounges firewood that others have left behind and it was nice to spend time with them. We stayed outside until after 10 o'clock and the temps dropped. It's gonna be a great time here.

So long.

No comments: