Saturday, December 5, 2009

Friday December 4, 2009-Rayford Crossing

It started snowing here at the park about 10 o'clock but it was pretty light. It really started snowing hard right after noon and lasted about two hours. Not much of it stuck in the grass but some did for awhile on the trucks and tables around the park.

A snowflake hit the lens just as I took this picture.

My Texas sign was laying on the table next to the trailer and you can see the snow on it.

Don't slip on the stairs into the trailer! There was a pretty good accumulation of snow on the carpeted runners on the steps.

We woke this morning to the news of snow that was coming to Houston. This was the earliest reported snowfall on record in the city. Although it didn't last long, it was fun while it lasted. I am constantly reminded from the folks around me that are from the north and east of Texas (snowbirds) that anything less than 6" of snow is not considered a snowfall and would not cause any problems for them at all. Houston area schools closed early, cancelled classes for the evening and many employees were sent home or advised not to come in due to the weather. Texans don't know how to drive on snowy or icy roads, so it is probably best that this happened.
Today Tommy and Susan celebrated their anniversary and since we will have ours in a couple of days, we went out to eat. Susan was tired from staying up late last night setting up the motorhome, so she wanted something quick to eat. We decided to go to Sweet Bella's restaurant near here. They serve good and inexpensive Italian food, so we went there again. As usual, it was good and we all enjoyed our meal. By the time we came home, the temperature was below freezing, so we went inside right away. We later met Tommy at the Lone Star room where Stella and I played bingo. The games were rigged again (LOL) and we didn't win. We had a good time anyway and after having a snack, walked back home in the very cold temperature.
We left the water dripping in the kitchen to keep the water line from freezing and had no troubles during the night. I guess I shouldn't have had the coffee to drink because I didn't go to sleep until after 11, but I slept very well.
So long.

No comments: