Friday, December 4, 2009

Thursday December 3, 2009-Rayford Crossing

We had still another good turnout for coffee this morning, even though a couple of the regulars didn't show up. One new park resident came down to join us and we had even more to talk about. Jim and I left a little early because Jake had called last night to tell me the truck was ready. When I got home he called back to tell me that he had found another small fuel leak which he worked on this morning.

We picked up Reta and Stella and left to go get breakfast at Compadres restaurant on Hannah, on the way to Jake's. After a good, cheap breakfast we went to get the truck. Jake met me at the truck and told me that there is no way to predict when one of the other injectors will go out. Someone on one of the RV forums had suggested just replacing all the injectors when one went out, but I guess they don't know how expensive those injectors are ($400 each). We paid Jake for the work and left and let me tell you, it sure is nice to get my truck back!

We stopped off at the grocery store, since we haven't bought groceries in a week or so. We spent a lot of money, but we have plenty to eat now. We stayed inside most of the afternoon because it was still chilly out. I went for a walk with Warren and Carl later and had a nice visit with them.

Our neighbor, Pete, was outside putting fresh water in his holding tank in preparation for tomorrow's predicted snow and cold weather. I'm not doing that because I don't think the temperature is going to be that cold long enough to freeze my water line. My underbelly is insulated and heated, and I can leave a water drip tonight, so we'll be fine. We were snowed on last December in Boerne and again here at Rayford and I remember having temperatures in the low 20's and nothing froze up. I have some water in the tank, plenty to flush the toilet if it becomes necessary. Time will tell if I'm correct.

Stella fixed us a pizza made using crescent rolls for the crust that was very tasty tonight. She just guessed at some of the ingredients and will make some adjustments on the next one she makes, but it was good and we'll have it again. We watched some television for the rest of the night.

So long.

No comments: