Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tuesday December 1, 2009-Rayford Crossing

When I woke this morning, our neighbors Pete and Jean were about ready to pull out. They had a breakdown on their way into the park a week or so ago and had damaged the suspension on their trailer. Their insurance company picked up the tab for the repair and the local repair shop-Milstead Automotive-got the bid to do the work. That is nice for them because it is about as close to the park as they could have gotten.

They had made most of their preparations yesterday afternoon, so this morning all they had to do was close up one of the slides and pull out. Of course, they didn't have to pack up anything, just disconnect it and leave it on the ground.

Pete had loaned me some black streak remover so I used it to remove some stains on the front sides of the trailer. It works really well, and only requires rubbing it on with little scrubbing. I figured that when it started to rain it would wash it off if I missed a spot.

The weather was yucky today, rainy and cloudy. It looked like it was going to rain all day long but didn't actually start to rain until late in the afternoon, just when I had to walk down to get the clothes after Stella finished washing them. It sucks not to have a vehicle to carry the heavy clothes all the way to the laundry. It brings back memories of walking to school, uphill both ways, in the rain and snow of Galveston.

This was about the only constructive thing we got done today. I did get a call from Jake my mechanic, who told me that as I had feared, one of the injectors was leaking. I have read on some of the truck forums on the Internet about this problem and as far as I can tell, there is nothing that can be done to correct this except replace all the injectors. I would save on the labor charge because it would only have to be done once, but the injectors are over $400 each so it would be very expensive.

At least it's not snowing here, yet. Its cold here and I read that it is snowing in Dallas and west Texas and we're forecast to possibly have snow on Thursday night or Friday. If it does snow then it will be the earliest date that there has been snow in Houston. We'll see.

So long.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

Those sea level hills of Galveston and blizzards of snow caused lots of hardships back in the 1800s when you were trekking along. I read about them when I was a child in school last decade.