Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday September 12, 2010-Lake Tonkawa RV Park

Here are a small herd of deer that is grazing behind our trailer here at the Lake Tonkawa RV park.
One of the bucks in the herd. The lady in the office said this was a Blackbuck deer. I don't believe I've ever seen these kind of deer, but they are raising some here at this park.

There are the Blackbuck deer and also Fallow deer being kept here.

Very pretty animals. They didn't seem frightened at all and I could likely have gotten even closer to them but I didn't.

We were tired today from yesterday's drive up here from Boerne, so we decided to just stay in today. I went outside this morning and met our neighbor, who also has a Bighorn trailer. His name is Don and we had a nice chat about our trailers and trucks in general. He drives a Dodge and said he is very happy with it. Based upon my recent dealings with Chevrolet dealers, I will likely look at some Dodge trucks when we get back to Rayford.

We just hung out and watched football on television. If you can believe it, I even took a nap. I think I have slept more in my recliner than I have in the bed. I went for a walk around the park, which is not very far, but I did get out for awhile.
I talked to my aunt Janie on the telephone and we made plans to get together tomorrow and other days in the week, so we will have a good time with her and her husband Gail. We are looking forward to seeing them.
In the evening, we watched the Dallas Cowboys get beaten by the Washington Redskins. It was a wonderful day, the Houston Texans won and the Dallas Cowboys lost. Life is good.
So long.






No comments: