Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday January 26, 2011-Mission West RV Resort

It was chilly here this morning but not as cold as it was in Spring! It was 47 here and according to Weather.com it was 33 in Spring. It quickly warmed here to a high of 73, so the weather is certainly cooperating.

We had breakfast in the trailer this morning and got up and about much earlier than yesterday. Tom and Judy invited us to go eat lunch with them at the small golf course in the park. We had a chicken breast, mashed potatoes, fried okra, Texas toast and a drink for $5.00. Wow, what a deal! After lunch we went to look at blinds for the trailer. They had used GT Blinds in Pharr, so they took us to their store. We looked at the displays and picked out three colors and made an appointment with Jose to come out tomorrow to make our decision of the color and for him to measure for the installation. The only rub is that we are only here for a short time. I think we can work it out, but we'll have to see what styles they have in stock. They actually make the blinds up for each customer.

We went to the flea market at Don-Wes after we left the blind store. We walked around a lot but didn't buy too much. Stella bought a tee shirt and I bought a tool that I have been needing . Judy bought one of those solar powered lights with a puppy on it and there was a lot of discussion over who was going to feed the dog and clean up after it. We all had some laughs over it as we drove down the road. We decided to get something to eat before going home and I suggested Martha's for the fried ice cream. Of course, when we got there and ordered, I asked for the low-fat, no sugar ice cream. I trust that is what I got, and it sure tasted good.

Just in case you were wondering what burned in McAllen yesterday, it was a medical supply warehouse. I know you were curious after I mentioned it in yesterday's entry. I didn't want anyone to lose sleep over it. You know me, Mr. Information...

So long.

No comments: