Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Monday January 16, 2012-Mission West RV Resort

We slept with the windows open last night because it was such a nice night. I woke pretty early and read the news and over some blogs, as usual, and went back to sleep in my chair. It was very pleasant in the chair and I slept until about 7:30, past the coffee drinker time at the rally hall. After a quick breakfast, we went into Donna to run a few errands. We went to Ron Hoover RV and picked up some fliers for the upcoming open house there, went to the Dodge dealer and got an estimate for the repair to the truck tailgate. Dan, the body shop manager, told us how to get to the State Farm insurance office, and after finishing up the estimate, we went there and got the process started to get a check for the damage. We went to a couple of truck accessory stores to check on a vee gate but didn't find one.

We went to meet Tom and Judy along with Reggie and Mary at a new (for us) barbecue restaurant called the 492 BBQ. It is located on FM 492, hence the name... At any rate, the barbecue was very good and we all enjoyed our meal. Of course, I got kidded a lot about the damage to my truck but I probably deserved it. Remind me to post some pictures of the truck damage tomorrow.

So long.

No comments: