Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wednesday January 11 thru Sunday January 15, 2012-Mission West RV Resort

We didn't do too much on Wednesday because we were all tired from spending all day in Mexico the day before. The weather was cool so it was a good day to stay home and rest.

Thursday however was a better day in some ways and much worse in others. We took Bill over to experience the famous Gonzales burgers and then ran a couple of errands before coming back home. I dropped Bill off at his motorhome and went around the corner to our site and while talking to Stella about something and as I was backing in, I somehow backed into the slideout of our neighbor, John. It bent up the tailgate of the truck but worst of all, it bent the metal overhang on his slide, making it impossible to close now. John came out immediately and after making sure that he wasn't hurt, I came inside and called my insurance company. It's not that big a deal, but it made me very mad for doing something like that. I was first going to blame Stella (she was talking to me and distracted me), but that's not gonna work. I guess I have to admit that I had my head up my.....well you can probably guess.

Friday morning we were up with the chickens to make our 8AM appointment with the doctor. The only good thing about being there that early was that we got an excellent parking space and didn't have to wait very long to get in. The took impressions for me and told me to come back in about three hours. Bill's appointment was at 8:30 and he was finished before me, so when I got through we went to find something to eat-a first for us. Until today we had not eaten or had anything to drink while in Mexico but we went to a small cafe and everything was fine. It was a popular place with lots of other winter Texans so we felt safe and no one had any problems. Bill bought our breakfast and after doing a little shopping, he went back home to get ready to leave in the morning. He said he would be leaving about 5AM, so we said our goodbyes now.

Saturday morning, I woke about 4 and heard Bill loading everything up and pulling out. No, I didn't go out to wave to him but wish him well on his way back to Houston. Stella told me that she didn't want to do anything or go anywhere today, so guess what? We didn't do anything but watch the football games and didn't leave home. Stella made some of her famous soup and cornbread and we invited Tom and Judy over to eat with us. We watched the football games and had a good time with our friends. Congratulations to the 49'ers and the Patriots.

Sunday morning I slept late again. Since it was Sunday, we didn't have much planned, so we just stayed inside and watched the rest of the football games. Tom and Judy invited us to go to Dairy Queen with them and their neighbors Reggie and Mary. We had a nice time with them and came home and watched the end of football. Congratulations to the Ravens and the Giants.

It has been a good week and the weather has been pretty good. We had a couple of cool nights and mornings but it warms up nicely during the day. That's the reason for coming down here isn't it?

So long.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

Bummer!! We know that sinking feeling. Ted got it when the trailer so gently fellt on the truck rails. Didn't make much of a dent but the whole bed was replaced, sprayed, hitch and tank reinstalled. Not cheap! Good luck getting it all taken care of.