Friday, January 20, 2012

Wednesday January 18, 2012-Mission West RV Resort

Today was another laid back day down here in the valley. We stayed around here in the trailer until around noon when we went back across to Mexico. I know that several of my friends and family worry when we go to Progresso, but we've never had a problem there. We only go a short distance into the town and never stray off the main street. Our friends Tom and Judy often go over and walk around all over town, but we've not been that adventurous. I tried to look the town up but could only find that the town had a population of 4630 in 2005. In years past there was a good sized group of military at the border crossing but since there hasn't been any trouble there, they have pulled out. I was told that since there is only one way in and one way out of town, it made it a bad place for the drug cartel people to come. I don't know about all that, but so far there hasn't been a problem.

We went over to the dentist and I got fitted for my new dentures. The new "test" set was ready for final fitting, and it didn't take very long. Stella had made friends with several people in the waiting room while waiting for me. They are all having similar work done. Its reassuring to know that he is such a popular guy.

From there we went to the State Farm Insurance office but our check wasn't ready yet. Without sounding like an insurance commercial, I have been very pleased at the ease of getting this claim filed and taken care of.

Here are a few assorted pictures that I got while down here.

This is my long-lost sister Bobbye Sue with my youngest grandson Ian and Ian's mom and my oldest daughter Jennifer. I don't know where this picture was taken but told Jennifer to be careful with Ian around Bobbye Sue and she said she would.


No, these are not steaks or a side of beef, they are hamburger patties being cooked at Gonzales Burgers where we took Bill the other day. These are undoubtedly the biggest burgers that I've ever seen!


This is one of the small piles of clothes at one of the Ropas Usadas in Hidalgo. I took Bill down here to see them and he couldn't believe his eyes. I know I couldn't either the first time I saw one. Just one of the many sights to see down here.


So long.





No comments: