Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday January 8, 2012-Moving day, Gateway to the Gulf RV Park to Mission West RV Resort

We slept in a little later this morning but were still up and eating breakfast at 7 o'clock. I had spoken with our friend Bill, telling him that we wanted to leave around 10, and when I talked to him this morning, he was on the road, in the fog, and planning to be here around 9:30. It was very foggy here too so I hustled on home and got my stuff packed up and put away, and right on time, there was Bill in the parking lot. By the time we got pulled out of our site and Bill got his doggie Anya walked and taken care of, we were pulling out onto the highway.

We made very good time down the road and made only one stop so Bill could top off his fuel tank for the 60 mile run between Kingsville and Raymondville where there are no stops or service stations. After our break, we made a nice drive into Mission. arriving here around 2PM. Wow, this place is full, probably the fullest we've ever seen. It was probably good that we had called ahead for a reservation.

After getting set up, Stella had the football game all tuned in and coffee made, so I came in and took a break. Bill had a problem with his electricity at his site but he ended up plugging into the vacant site next door. Then he noticed that his refrigerator wasn't cooling like he thought it should and he couldn't find any good television stations. I invited him over to watch the football game here and while watching the Broncos beat up the Steelers, Tom and Judy came over. We had a nice visit with them and Stella made Bill and I some hot dogs for supper. It wasn't long before our company had all gone home and Stella and I watched the end of the game (congrats to Tim Tebow and the Broncos). Since this is being written on Monday, I've gotta tell you that I slept better last night with the windows open than I have in a long time. I slept until 6 this morning, which is very unusual for me!

It's shaping up to be another good visit to the valley.

So long.

No comments: