Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday March 28, 2012-Caddo Lake NWR

Todd and I had planned to take today off because we were both tired from building the kiosk the last two days. Well, it didn't quite work out that way! Todd told me that the Sheriff's Dept. was sending some trustee prisoners out to clean out the Starr ranch house and he had to take them down to show them what to do. Stella and I were going into Marshall to the grocery store, so I told him that I would come down to help when we got back from town. I went down about 12:30 and they had already started and were making good progress. They were completely done by about 2, so that was a good thing! It kept Stella and Sue from having to do it and of course, we would helped them, but now it was done.

Todd told me to go on home and he would be there soon. About fifteen minutes later, he called to tell me he had a flat on his truck and that we needed to take it into town to be repaired. The tires were only about a month old and hadn't really gotten much service but the sidewall had split, so the tire had to be replaced. I don't think much of the tire company's warranty policy because there was NONE! They knocked the tire price down to their "wholesale" price and mounted and balanced the new tire at no cost. I guess they figure that the government has lots of money. I've got news for them, the government is BROKE!

By the time we got back to the refuge, re-installed the tire on the truck, and got all the equipment put away, it was almost 5 o'clock. Wow for a day off, we had spent over five hours on different projects. Maybe tomorrow will be better...

So long.

No comments: