Monday, March 8, 2010

Friday thru Sunday,March 5-7, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP

This has been a boring and uneventful past few days. We did nothing except our park chores and sold a LOT of firewood over the weekend. I sold over $150 in firewood on Friday and Saturday, and at $5.00 per bundle, that's a lot of wood. We didn't eat out over the weekend, and just stayed here in the park.

The weather is improving. It gets warmer every day but still gets pretty chilly at night. It won't be long until we'll be complaining about how hot it is. We're never satisfied!

I did meet some new Heartland friends, Mike and his wife Zanetta. They said they will sign up for the rally when they get home. Mike has a very nice 2000 Ford F-350 pickup that I really like. He put in a custom grill and rear bumper that I like. The truck sits down lower than the new trucks, which I like, even though its a 4X4. The truck has the old 7.3L diesel motor, but I don't think he is interested in trading.

Sunday our friend Barbara came by for a visit. She had been camping in Columbus this weekend and dropped by to chat for a little while. She told the gate attendant that she was coming in to visit us, and that we are park hosts, but the lady attendant is new and didn't realize that guests for the park hosts are allowed in without restrictions. After Barbara had been here for the thirty minutes she had been told about, I heard a call go out to the park ranger on duty to come find her and tell her that her time is up. Barbara was rather upset because she said she is well known to most of the park employees because she brings groups to this park a lot. She said her annual park pass had just expired and she intended to renew it on her next visit to the park. Carroll came by to talk to Barbara and to explain what had been done. It irritated me because we had been told that our visitors would not have to pay and would be allowed in to see us any time. I guess the new employee wasn't familiar with this policy.

If you're following my blog, please sign in as such. I just like to see who is reading about us. Thanks.

So long

No comments: