Friday, March 12, 2010

Thursday March 11, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP

Today, being our last day off this week, we tried to take advantage and get all of our chores and errands run. I had made arrangements with Ken to get our porch picked up today, but he had not been able to get the powder coating done. You may remember me telling you about my friend Scott, was diagnosed with bladder cancer right after I found the problem with the porch's coated finish some months ago. Okay, I won't scold you if you don't remember it. Anyway, Scott had told me to bring it to him and he would make it good, but unfortunately, he is having problems and can't get to the work right now. I had made arrangements with Ken to pick it up this afternoon, after Ken painted it temporarily, but it is so cool and damp he is afraid it wouldn't be dried sufficiently, so we decided to go pick it up on Monday.

It began raining about 3AM but stopped about 7, so the day was very nice. It is warm in the sunshine and cool in the shade, and we decided to take several items down to storage to get them out of the way of the boys coming to visit. We loaded everything up and went to Texas City. Cassie asked if she could go with us, so we took her along. I don't know why she wanted to go because she laid in her bed and slept the whole way.

I had talked to Bill earlier today and knew that he and Ornell and his son Tommy and wife Jackie and their son Tanner were all going to the Via Bayou RV park for the weekend. Ricky and Dee and Jodi and Larry were also going and of course our good friends Harry and Judy were already there.

Harry and Judy have just returned from a nice trip down to Cape Canaveral to see the space shuttle lift off. You can see their trip here. They had a very nice time, and got in with the assistance of one of Harry's nephews who works for NASA. Harry is friends with everyone in Texas City, they are either a relative, or he worked with them or is in the Lodge with them. You can never have too many friends!

Since our chores were done, we stopped by the park and had a very nice visit with all the partiers at Via Bayou. It was especially good to see Harry and Judy because they are leaving April 1st for Idaho, where they are work camping for the summer. Maybe we'll be able to get together with them before they leave but who knows? If not then, this fall for nsure when we all return to Texas for the winter.

While we were there, Bill checked my big fuel tank for water. He has some sort of gel that he stuck on a long stick he has that will react with water in a fuel tank. Thank goodness there was no water in my tank. I have had this tank almost a year and haven't put any regular gas in it nor have I gotten any water in it. I just wanted Bill to check it for me to make sure.

We have been doing very well with our food intake for the last couple of weeks but we kind of blew it tonight. We were late getting away and hadn't eaten since breakfast, so we were both hungry. I wanted some Mewxican food and we slowed at Gringo's in Texas City but they were nbusy as usual, so we kept going. I knew of the Los Cucos restaurant at the Katy Mills mall, so thats where we went. The food was excellent, but we just simply ate too much and too late. We both felt bad all night long, but it wasn't the food, it was the amount and how late we ate it.

Today's entry is being done outside at the picnic table on the site. It's about 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Gotta love this Texas springtime weather!
so long.

No comments: