Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tuesday March 16, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP

We woke to another beautiful day here in San Felipe. The park is still full, and as one rig leaves, another comes in to take it's place. The tent and shelter areas did the same. We stayed very busy all day selling ice and firewood. When I say we were busy, I should correct this and say that Cameron was very busy. That boy is a workaholic when you give him a job and tell him what to do.

Our neighbors next door came over to drink coffee with us this morning. They have a daughter in college and are thinking of moving up to a larger trailer from their popup, and were asking a lot of questions about full timing. I gave them one of my cards and a Heartland contact card and hopefully we'll keep in touch. They were also very interested in our "colored" fire the night before. I told them how I did it and gave them a small piece of copper tubing that I had used. I hope they enjoy it as much as we did.

With the nice weather, I cleaned up the truck and trailer. The truck was filthy and because of the rain and mud we have been driving through, I hadn't bothered cleaning it, but today was so nice I decided to go ahead and get it done.

In the afternoon, we went to Brookshire to Orlando's Pizza. The boys were excited about having a pizza buffet and as a reward to their work, we took them out. We had told A.D. and Dee where we would be going, so they met us there. They are off today but had gone to MD Anderson hospital for Dee's treatment. We had a nice meal and came back home. There were people waiting for us to get back so they could get ice and firewood. I had reported to the office the fact that we were running low on both firewood and ice, and that the money drop boxes were getting full. I was told that firewood would be ordered but nothing was said about the ice. Anne told me that Alan, the park manager, and one of the members of the Friends of Stephen F Austin state park committee would have to remove the money. I offered to just keep it if they get too full, but somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen.

So long.

No comments: