Saturday, December 6, 2008

Boomer Rally, Saturday December 6, 2008

Friday December 5th is the first day of the Texas Boomers Christmas rally. Of course we came in early by one day so we could be here watching most of the others arriving. It was very nice to be able to do that for a change, especially since its in Boerne. We wouldn't have been able to do this if we were still working regular jobs unless we took a vacation day.

Stella asked me to set up the front porch this morning so I went out and began putting it together. Ted came by and helped me get it set so it cut my erection time a little bit. It usually only takes me about 15 minutes to get it done.

We just sat around watching as the others came in and got set up. David Shodrock came by and invited us to come by later in the afternoon for some tortilla soup but we had already made plans to go downtown for the night Christmas shopping in the downtown area. We rode with Ricky and Dee with Harry and Judy following in their truck. We met up with Jerry and Diane who are from Canada and visiting at Rayford. They came to the Boomer rally at Ricky and Dee's invitation.

Harry told us about his bad luck last week while getting ready for Thanksgiving. On Tuesday he noticed a small amount of water under his truck, so when he got home he saw more water that turned out to be coming from his water pump. His neighbor asked him if he would like for him to change it out for him, and he agreed. It was a much cheaper fix for the truck. Then as they got ready to go on Wednesday morning, one of the trailer legs broke so they were not able to make it to Rayford for Thanksgiving.

We ate at the Hungry Horse cafe again. I had an enormous bowl of Frito pie and a slice of apple/cranberry pie. It was delicious, just like last night's meal there. After walking around the downtown area for awhile in the cold, we returned to the park. We sat around in Ricky's trailer having a drink until the party at the rally hall was ready. Sandy had arranged for a "mini" retirement party for me. It was very nice and they furnished a delicious retirement cake that Sandy brought. After the party ended we went out to sit with Don at his "far" for a little while before turning in about 10:30.

It was a very nice day and I am very blessed to have such good friends.

No comments: