Monday, December 15, 2008

Saturday, December 13, 2008

We got up this morning and I went down to have coffee with the guys in the small rally hall. Before I got there, I saw that the lights were off and figured they had overslept or just didn't have coffee on Saturdays and went back to my trailer. I hadn't been back here 15 minutes when my phone rang and it was Bill asking me if we were going to eat the breakfast. I told him that we didn't kow about it and would be coming up there to have coffee with him and to eat. When I got there, Frank and Nancy had just started to cook the waffles but the coffee was ready. I had a cup while we waited for the waffles to be ready. Of course, they were worth the wait! Bill and I sat down there in the rally until Stella came in to eat. Just before we finished eating, Jim came over and asked us to come to a Christmas potluck that the snowbird residents of the park were having tonight. He said to be here at 6 o'clock.

Later, Bill, Stella and I went to Kroger to buy the food that we were going to bring to the potluck dinner. Stella made her potato casserole and Bill bought a coffee cake for dessert. We came back to the park and just hung out until time to go. We had a great time at the potluck and it was very nice of them to invite us, since we're not full-timers and certainly not snowbirds. They had a gift exchange after dinner that was moderated by Frank. He did the "stealing" of gifts different and allowed them to be stolen every round but limited the steals to 3 times per round. The most popular items in the exchange were some mini bottles of liquor in chocolate, a bottle of Maker's Mark whiskey and a glass thermometer. One of those three items were stolen just about every round, and everyone had a good laugh about them. We ended up with a box of Cee's lollipops that Stella got and an old 50-30 amp adapter that I won. It was all fun and I think everyone had a good time.

We didn't sit out tonight because it was so windy and chilly. We all went in about 9 o'clock and went to bed.

No comments: