Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday August 13, 2010-Garden of the Gods Campground

We got up "early" this morning (early to the boys means 9-9:30) to go to the Peterson Air Museum in Colorado Springs. We had learned yesterday that they require an entry pass to get onto the air force base, so we intended to go by the west gate to get the pass this morning. I called first to see what we might need to bring with us and didn't get a call back until after 11, so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing that Tyler stayed in bed late. When the Sergeant called me back, he told me that it was not possible to get the pass on the day it was applied for, and since it was Friday, he said he might be able to get us into a Saturday entry. I asked the boys what they wanted to do and Tyler said he didn't really want to go that bad after all, so I told him that we would pass this time. I should have called earlier in the week to find out about this and didn't, so I guess it's on me for not getting to go.

Since we were up and ready to go, we decided to ride back up to Woodland Park for the nice ride. We turned off at Cascade Colorado at a sign to the highway up Pikes Peak and attractions at the North Pole and Santa's Workshop. We have never been there, so we decided to go check it out. When we got there, we found that it cost $17.95 per person for each of us, which seemed to be kind of spendy. We decided to just look around first, and I am glad we did. The rides there seem to be for younger children, although there were a couple of rides we would have been interested in, so we decided not to spend the money to go in. We did look around the gift shop and Cam and I found some shirts we liked, so it wasn't a wasted trip. No smarty, we didn't leave Tyler out, he just didn't see anything he liked so he didn't get anything. Thanks for not buying something you didn't want Scoot.

We came on back home and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Stella made us some spaghetti and meat sauce for supper that was very tasty. We sat around outside and met our new neighbor, a Heartland owner (Sundance fifth wheel). He and his son soon went to the pool where Tyler and Cameron were, so the three boys got to swim and play together. I walked around the park after going down to check on the boys at the pool. It is so cool here and we will miss the low humidity.

So long.

No comments: