Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday August 15, 2010-Moving Day-Garden of the Gods Campground to Corral RV Park, Dalhart

Today was the day we had been dreading since we got here, moving day from Colorado Springs back to Texas. We have all enjoyed the sites and attractions of the area, and especially the weather. It was delightfully cool this morning, about 57 degrees, cold enough that both the boys went back inside to get a jacket while working with me outside. I woke the boys at 7 as I had told them I would be doing, so that we could go have breakfast and still be able to get away early. We went out about 7:30 to do the last things before we left, while Stella worked on the inside. We all went down to eat the pancake breakfast that the park furnished. When we got through eating, we went back to the trailer and finished up the loading. We pulled out of the park at five minutes 'til 9, a pretty good time for us.
We made our only stop of the day at the rest area at Trinidad CO where we had stopped on our way down. I noticed a slight discharge on the alternator circuit, but when we took off, it recovered and began charging. I don't know if something is going out with the alternator or if it is some glitch in the charging system. I will watch it to see if I can figure it out.
We made it into the Corral RV Park in Dalhart a few minutes after 2, with no further problems. The temperature here was only 79 when we arrived, but it felt much hotter. We turned both a/c's on but the trailer just seemed to stay warm to me. I laid down on the couch and took a short nap and woke up when we ate our sandwiches. We all just sat around the trailer. There is little to do here for the boys except a kids playground that they aren't interested in. We will probably turn in pretty early tonight and get another early start tomorrow.
So long.

No comments: