Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday August 8, 2010-Garden of the Gods Campground

Today was the day that Mike, Patrice and Ryan left for home. Stella and I went out and talked to them as they loaded up but it was a good thing that Tyler and Cameron had told them goodbye last night because they didn't get up in time to see them off. They got away about 8:15 and lucked out because a motorhome across the street had just left prior to their leaving, so they had plenty of room to swing out and leave.

I want to take some time to tell you about this park. I already mentioned about the difficulties in backing into our site. Unless there is a lot of room to swing in, a straight site is very hard to get into. Then we couldn't get onto the park wifi, but since we have our own network, we just used it. I was a little leery of using our system with both Tyler and Cameron using the internet but neither one has downloaded very much, so we are good at this point. Tyler is thrilled by his Facebook account and is up to over 70 friends already. I have also noticed that many of the guests here don't speak and act as though they are avoiding making contact with anyone. They seem surprised when we speak to them and only mumble a hello back. We noticed this same phenomenon at a seniors park in the Rio Grande Valley. So much for my rant on this park.

We stayed around the trailer and did maintenance today. While Stella did a weeks worth of laundry for the four of us, the boys and I cleaned the inside and outside of the trailer. We swept, dusted and scrubbed the interior and washed down the outside, washing away all the dirt and grime that we had picked up on the way up here. It was a lot of work, but we got it done. I then scrubbed the front cap, using a new cleaner/wax that I bought when we went to the flea market in Shipshewanna Indiana. It worked very well, taking the bugs off, even thought they have been baking on the front for two weeks. I don't know about the wax product but I guess time will tell.

We ate the last of Stella's goulash tonight. I think it is better after a few days of blending together, and I wasn't disappointed. We were all tired after all the work we did, and we got our evening rain. It rained very hard and the thunder terrified Cassie, but since we were all inside, she had a lot of love from all of us.

It was a hard day's work, but it was necessary. I think we all felt better after getting it done.

So long.

No comments: