Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday August 18, 2010-Alamo Fiesta RV Resort

Today is our last full day here in the park with the boys. They have to go home tomorrow for school, which starts on Monday. They decided that we weren't going to do anything today but stay home and rest up from our travels, so that is exactly what we did.

Stella fixed us a breakfast casserole using a pizza bread dough. It was very tasty and Cam and I enjoyed it a lot. Tyler wanted to sleep-in this morning, so after we ate, Cam and I went to the Chevy dealer to have the latest Low Coolant light checked out. I had called the dealership in Colorado Springs and learned that any GM dealer would honor the year warranty on the work they had done, so we went to get it looked at. The service advisor came out and looked at the overflow container and it was a little low, so he refilled it. This is the same thing that the dealer in Colo. did. He said that if there is a "bubble" in the reservoir, it will report a low coolant. He believes this will cure the problem. I'm not totally convinced, but we'll see.

Cam and I also looked at a couple of new trucks on the lot. One, a work truck, looked pretty nice to me but we later brought Stella by and she saw the 4 wheel drive control that is mounted on the floorboard and immediately didn't like it. I thought there were some features on the truck that I would like, but when Stella said no, that's it for me. I would never hear the end of it.

We came back home and hung out. It is SO HOT here in Texas at this time of the year. I noticed that the outside thermometer was at 100 degrees at 11 o'clock this morning and didn't do anything but go up during the day. Cam went for a swim in the afternoon, but no one wanted to go with him. He went down to the pool but someone on the park staff told him he couldn't swim by himself and needed an adult with him, so he came back home and made me promise to go swimming with him later.

I wanted mexican food for supper but the boys overrode me, wanting to go to Dairy Queen where they could get ice cream. I told them we could eat mexican and still stop at the DQ but they said they wanted DQ hamburgers, so guess where we went?

After finishing up the ice cream, we came back home. I could have sworn I asked for a site in this park down by the river in the shade, where the temp wouldn't get over about 80 degrees, but I guess they were all taken. I did find someone that will wash the trailer and condition the roof at a cheap price. I will get that done next week. Maybe it will cool off and I'll do it myself. Of course, there's about as much chance of that happening as my becoming an aviator next week too.

So long.

1 comment:

Juju and Harry said...

Keep the name of the person who washs your rig mine is really dirty and need the roof cleaned badly. See you Monday