Saturday, January 12, 2013

Friday January 11, 2013-Retama Village

This is our site at Retama Village. It is a beautiful site and we thank Ken and Kathy for renting it to us this season. 

                                 

You know what? I'm gonna brag about myself! We are almost two weeks into the new year and I haven't mistakenly called it 2012. I know it's a little thing, but so far, no mistakes on my blog. At least on the date...

Our friends from Inks Lake, Mike and Linda, came over today to with us to the RV show in Mercedes. I knew it would be a small show but we went anyway. They have a small motorhome and liked our Landmark when we were at Inks Lake, and I think they wanted to look at some more fifth wheels. I knew that Ron Hoover doesn't participate in the show, so I stopped by the dealership for them to look. Sadly there was little inventory and no Landmarks. Oh well, I did what I could.

As predicted, the show was very small and didn't take long to go through the trailers there. They saw a Montana with a bath and a half that was nice. It had a front bath that was huge, with a nice dressing area and I have to admit, it was an innovative design.

After the show, we decided to get something to eat and we took them to Martha's Taquiera, one of our favorites in the valley. Mike and Linda enjoyed it and said it was a good choice, so I am glad that they enjoyed it.

When we got back to our place, Mike was surprised to find a lot of black soot and burned grasses and fibers in his car. He had left his sunroof open just a crack and the farmers are burning sugar cane fields now and this junk gets all over everything in the path. It does blow off a truck or trailer, so it's not a problem, but if there is moisture or a puddle, it really makes a mess.

We made plans to meet Mike and Linda next week and then to find some entertainment that we can all go to. Our friends Ted and Donna will be down here next week, so with all the Heartland events we should be busy. It will be a good type of busy, and we'll have fun.

So long.

No comments: