Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday January 23, 2013-Retama Village

Gotta love this weather! It was about 65 degrees when I got up this morning and got up into the low 80's in the afternoon. It was cloudy in the morning, but it cleared off nicely this afternoon.

I didn't do an entry for Monday because the only thing we did was go around to the surrounding parks to distribute flyers for the dealer open house for next week. We went to 8 parks and met some nice people that seemed interested in coming to the two events for next week. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see. I did locate the park where the Redhead Express group is staying but I'll respect their privacy and not say where they are.

I intended to go back out to put out more flyers today but got a call from some of our old friends, Tom and Judy, who said they were coming over from Edinburg where they are staying now and wanted to come by for a visit. Of course we told them to come on over, and when they got here, we sat outside in the shade beside the trailer and the coach house and had a great visit with them. We went to eat with them at a local restaurant, Tio Chuy's. We have been there before and liked it but thought it had closed because we never see any cars in the parking lot. When we got there, we learned that Chuy had been in a serious traffic accident several months ago but he is recovered and was working today. Tom and Judy know Chuy and all of the girls that work there, so they had some good times with them.

Not long after Tom dropped us off at home, I was sitting in my chair and getting ready for a siesta when Ted and Donna came by to drop off some tickets to a show for next weekend at another park that is near by. We had a nice chat with them. Ted put his truck in the shop for a whine in the rear end and Ford is replacing the entire rear end. They are driving a small rental car, so I didn't hear them drive up.

I posted a couple more activities for next week for the heartland owners that are down here in the valley. I am looking forward to seeing them next week and hope that everything runs smoothly. I'm sure it will but am still a bit nervous about it.

So long.

No comments: