Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday January 9, 2013-Moving Day-Gateway to the Gulf RV Park to Retama Village

Another rainy morning! I know that Texas needs the rain but I'm already tired of it! Stella and the pups slept late again this morning but when she took them out about 8:30, it had stopped raining, so we got into a higher gear and pulled out about 9:30. We have about 230 miles to go and it is freeway all the way, so it should be a smooth drive today.

It rained off and on all day long until we got to Kingsville. It remained very cloudy and at one point the clouds in the distance looked like mountains. It was one of those things where you had to be there to see it. I tried to take a photo but it just didn't show up but trust me, it was weird looking. I knew for a fact that we were a thousand miles from mountains, but they sure looked like them.

We got to Mission about three o'clock. It had been a good trip with no problems. We made only two stops today, but saw a lot of law enforcement on the road as we neared the valley area, Highway Patrol, Border Patrol and locals patrolling the highways. If I was a crook, this is the last place I would want to be!

When we got here, we had a bit of a problem with the levelers and the new stabilizer but I got it fixed and we are level and stable once more! I called the dealership and let them know that there is still a problem, so we'll have to go back by there when we return to Houston.

Also after we got all set up, the Dish Network box finally died. It had been expected but I had been hopeful it might pull through but it was not to be. I called Dish Network and got a new box ordered. Stella later got an email from them saying that they had a service call scheduled for tomorrow. I called them back and supposedly had the service call cancelled and the box being sent verified. We'll see what happens tomorrow. It's a constant adventure around here....!

So long.

No comments: