Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday January 8, 2013-Moving Day-Oasis RV Resort to

I am starting this entry very early in the morning. We had been notified that one of our parts had come in at the Katy Frwy. store and we have an appointment to have it installed this morning. We made all of our plans and made our last minute visits and then watched with interest, the weather guessers telling us that it will rain today and heavily tomorrow. They started out with telling us that it was going to start raining in the morning and continue all day, but they revised their forecast, saying it might rain in the morning and pick up later in the afternoon. As it turns out, they were right the first time. I woke about 3 this morning to the sound of raindrops on the roof. I finally got up about 5:30 and while reading the news online it started to rain again. It is now 6:30 and still raining. Its not like we haven't hooked up in the rain before, but it's never fun! I'll continue this later...

Okay, I'm back! We actually got away at a decent time considering that we didn't think we would leave this morning because of the heavy rain and winds that were predicted. Stella took the dogs out about 8:30 and found that it had stopped raining, so after I called the dealership to make sure they still wanted us to come up, we began to get everything packed up. We pulled out of the park about 9:45 but then I wanted to go to Discount Tire to get the road hazard warranty for the trailer tires. We were there for about an hour, while they inspected the trailer tires and checked the pressure on all of the tires, and made our way through Houston to Ron Hoover where they were waiting for us, but since it was near the noon hour, everyone was going to lunch. We unhooked the truck and went to Burger Tex for lunch and when we got back, we were only there for about 45 minutes and we were ready to go!

Of course, it started to rain again, but we made pretty good time down the highway toward Victoria. We made one stop at the Buccee's in Wharton but it was absolutely worth it! We stretched our legs, took care of personal matters and got coffee to go, and were only there about 20 minutes. We pulled into the Gateway to the Gulf RV Park close to 5 but it was an uneventful trip. This is not a bad park for an overnight stop and since they take Passport America, it a cheap stay.

We are planning to leave pretty early in the morning, but as tired as we both are tonight, I'm not so sure. I'll let you know tomorrow.

So long.

No comments: