Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Saturday and Sunday, September 28 and 29, 2014-ABC RV Park

Saturday was the last full day of the MO chapter rally and we had a good time. I was a bit under the weather, so I stayed inside much of the day, but we all did a lot of visiting all day. Saturday evening was the catered meal of turkey and dressing that was good. We all furnished side dishes and desserts, so it was another grand feast. We had the usual white elephant gift exchange and it was a lot of fun. We got one of those plastic balls that you add ingredients to and add ice to an outside section. When you roll the thing around, it makes ice cream. I can't wait to try it! 

A big bunch stayed in the rally hall playing dominoes until almost midnight. I was told about this because I went home feeling bad. I took some medicine and went to bed and actually did get to feeling better in the morning.

Sunday was the day we all dreaded, leaving day... A few were up really early and on their way to another destination. Most of the ones that were only going home went to the continental breakfast that the park furnished, along with most of those that were staying another day. They furnished sweet rolls, fruit and cut-up melons, along with coffee and juice. It was all good and we spent a lot of time chatting with friends that had to leave. 

Jeff and Joy, the new chapter leaders, told several of us to go to the rally hall to eat the leftovers from last night's meal, so about noon several of us went down. When we got there, the hall was locked and we soon learned that there had been a miscommunication between the park and Jeff. Jeff had told the park to donate any leftovers to a charity when we were through eating, not knowing that by park rules, when we left the hall, it ended our time to use it. When we went back the next day, everything had already been removed. It wasn't as much the rules- that no one else knew- as it was the attitude of the office employees. No one had good feelings about this park when all this happened, but we're leaving tomorrow, so it's not a big deal. I doubt that any of us will ever return here.

The group that is traveling to Amana Iowa tomorrow had a meeting to decide on a route to take. When that was worked out, we all split up to go say goodbye to a few that were later leaving and to visit among ourselves.

Later in the afternoon, Roy and I went out and did some Munzeeing in one of the large shopping malls. We had just about finished up when Stella called to say that we were going out to eat at a place called Mel's Hard Luck Diner, home of the singing wait staff. The food was good, but the singers were great! There was a young man named John Sager that we had seen in the Rio Grand Valley and a waitress named Sandy, who had a voice like an opera singer, but did a great job with the song Amazing Grace. 

We came on back home and Stella and I went to a gas station to fill the truck with fuel. It took over $300 to fill it up, but now we can travel a long way. Tomorrow's drive will be about 450 miles and then we have an 800 mile drive back to Texas. We're looking forward to our return to the Lone Star state!

So long.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

We ate looking forward to your return!