Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday October 9, 2013-Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort

It was a nice morning here in Canton, not as cold as it was in Minnesota or Iowa, but a bit chilly at 53 degrees. That fireplace is still getting a workout!

We had made arrangements to go over to visit my aunt Janie and uncle Gail today and were to meet here at the Don Juan's Restaurant in Carthage. The trip was about 100 miles but there was very little traffic until we got to Longview, where there were several oil field trucks on the road which slowed us down a bit. We were about 10 minutes late, but I don't think they minded. At least I hope they didn't!

We had a good meal and it is good to be back in Texas and good Mexican food. This food wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good ol' Tex-Mex and it tasted like home! We went back to their house in Center and had a very nice visit. The bad thing was that time flew by and before we knew it, it was time to get back home. I stopped off at a rest area for Stella and capped a couple of Munzees too!

We made it back to the park and found about 7 new Heartland rigs have arrived. I went out and visited for an hour or so but the skeeters were out and I came back inside. A few of us guys are going to meet in the "Grand Lodge" for coffee in the morning. I think it's going to be a good rally! It has started off well.

So long.

1 comment:

Nan said...

So ready to have good ole Mexican food once more!