Thursday, February 11, 2010

Friday, February 5, 2010-Mission West RV park

We woke to warm weather again, thank goodness! It has finally warmed up down here, so we took advantage by staying around here today. I walked around the park a couple of times today, enjoying the clear skies and warm temperatures.

We went to Wal Mart to do our weekly grocery shopping in the morning. There are at least three Wal Marts pretty near this park, but there are several grocery stores just as close. Of course, down here in the valley, everything is in spanish for the heavy mexican population here. I'm not a racist, but I get tired of people talking in Tex-Mex instead of English.

I have forgotten to record my fuel here. I filled up both tanks on the 3rd because I had found some "low" priced fuel. I took 35 gallons of diesel to go 406.9 miles for an 11.6 MPG average. Almost all of this was pulling the trailer mileage, so it's not too bad.

The young man who washes trailers came by this afternoon. He washed and waxed the trailer for $80! He worked by himself and did a great job, although it took him about 3 1/2 hours. The trailer looks much better now. It had rained so much on us coming down here. it was filthy, but now it looks brand new.

So long.

No comments: