Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunday January 31, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP

Today is our last day in this park for awhile. Did I tell you that we re-upped for park hosting here next year from January thru March? We did, and Ann, the assistant manager, apparently accepted us because she wrote our name down in their book. We may change our mind after we return in March, but it can't be all that bad can it?

We checked the bathrooms and gave them a thorough cleaning for the last time. After we got through, Larry came by and told me that if we were through, I could bring my gear and the golf cart back to the shop sometime before 5 when he was getting off work. I guess we've been relieved.

We watched a little television and saw a couple of trailers come by to go park around on the other side of the circle. I wondered then if one of them was my replacement. As it turned out, one was. A.D. came by to say goodbye and said that the other two trailers were a friend of the new park host that parked on the other side, Jerry and his wife Diane. We never met the two new rigs, but Larry came by later and said that he would go talk to the new folks, and that I could just load everything on the cart and bring it over to them. He never called me to bring it over, but came back to tell me they had gone for a hike down one of the trails and to bring everything up to headquarters. I took all the gear up and dropped it off in the office and had a little chat with Ann before Stella came to pick me up. We went to Tony's for one last meal and some more of their great pie. We came back home with nothing to do for the first time in a month. It felt pretty good.

So long.

No comments: