Sunday, April 4, 2010

Friday, Saturday & Sunday, April 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 2010-Rayford Crossing Resort

It's good to be back at Rayford and many of our friends. We found out that other of our friends here left yesterday but we missed them. At least the guys are still having coffee in the rally hall in the morning. It was like old home for me!

I got a call from our buyer that the closing will occur on Wednesday at 1 o'clock. We will get a call from the title company for confirmation and directions to their office in the Woodlands. Yippee!!

We went get Stella's hair cut and to the grocery store on Friday morning and came back here and hung out at the park. Stella made some brownies for bingo tonight while I took care of computer matters in my chair. Thats a polite way of saying that I took a nap. We ate some Reuben sandwiches for our supper and went down and played bingo but of course, I didn't win. Everyone knows those games are rigged! Just kidding... We had a good time and visited with several people after bingo and came back home.

Saturday morning I went to have coffee and after, we had one of the Saturday morning breakfasts that Gwen and Billy fix. As always, the food was good and we met another couple from Canada who sat at the table with us. We had some nice conversations while we ate. We went to Sam's and to Wal Mart and came back home. There was a potluck dinner Saturday night that was fun. Even though most of the winter Texans are gone, there was a good turnout for the dinner. The park is full and there are a lot of children here.

Sunday morning we stayed in and didn't plan on doing anything. We were sitting around when someone came to the door and guess who it was? Our friends Harry and Judy. Harry just had some medical problems and they were in the neighborhood and dropped by to see us. They are leaving soon for Idaho where they have accepted a work camping job at a park there. It was good to see them again.

Less than 30 minutes after Harry and Judy left, someone else came to the door. Our Boomer friends, Bernest and Pauleen came by to see us. We haven't seen them since my retirement party with the Boomers in Boerne. It was really good to see them too, and we had a nice visit with them.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Pappas Barbecue where Stella had found a deal on a rib special plate. She loves ribs, so naturally I took her to eat her favorite food. Such a good husband!

We came back home and watched Extreme Makeover on the Beach family from Kemah. Since this is only about five miles from our house, we should be familiar with the area. Should I have said from the house we used to own? No, its still ours until Wednesday but if you listen about 1:30 on Wednesday, you'll hear me holler!

So long.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Glad you guys got everything squared away with the house. I am sure that takes a load off your minds.