Friday, April 2, 2010

Wednesday March 31, 2010-Stephen F. Austin SP, last day

This was our site at Stephen F. Austin this month. We were parked near the firewood and ice machine for convenience sake and it turned out to be a very nice site. The only problem turned out to be the surrounding trees, because when they began to bud out in the spring, it made my Dish reception go away.
This is the street side of the trailer with all my signs. It was an enjoyable experience to have done the park hosting here and I'm sure that we'll do it again.

Here is one of my buddies, the squirrel. He is in the tree above my chair, barking at me to move. I guess I was sitting too close to the feeder and it made it difficult for him to dominate the birds at the feeder.

He finally made it to the feeder and is starting to eat. You cannot imagine how much these wild animals can eat! I had to fill the feeder at least once a day, and sometimes twice a day.

The birds could not get on the feeder with the squirrel, but they had plenty to eat off the ground. The squirrel as well as other birds were very messy and what didn't get into their mouth went on the ground for the smaller and younger birds to eat.
Today, being our last full day in the park, I got some things put away in preparation for leaving tomorrow. It was our day off anyway, so it was kind of pointless to have stayed but we hadn't planned to leave until the first. I ran into Larry and asked him to pick up my Park Host sign, since I couldn't carry it in my golf cart. He soon came by and picked it up and took it back to the shop. In the afternoon I took the cart and my other gear that I had been issued, so my time here is officially over. Our good friends, A.D. and Dee came by and we decided to go out to eat at Orlando's Pizza in Brookshire tonite. We had a very nice meal and they came over later and we had a nice chat over a campfire. It was a very nice way to end our stay here.
So long.

No comments: