Friday, April 23, 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010-Rayford Crossing Resort

Today was the last day of the Heartland rally, so I made some coffee in our big pot and a few people came by and drank some with us. A couple of people left pretty early, but they lived nearby and were trying to make it to church. I got to tell them goodbye as they left.

Jim Beletti called and asked if Stella and I would rather have breakfast or lunch with him. Since we planned to go down to Texas City to see the boys before we leave, I told him we chose breakfast. He said he would come by and pick us up, so I told Stella and went to talk to as many of my friends as I could before we went to breakfast.

We had a very nice breakfast with Jim and talked about some very exciting news that I can't go into right now, but it's going to be fun for us. Stay tuned here and when I can, I'll tell you what it is. We came back to the park and talked more to Jim in our trailer. When he left to catch his airplane back to Chicago, we went to TC to see the kids.

We had a very nice time with the boys and of course, Kim and Jeremy too. We ended up going to Ryan's and had a fine meal there. While there, we saw Louis Gill, an old friend from the City of Dickinson. Louis was on the City Council for a time when I was a Police Officer there. He was a good friend to me and it was good to see him.

We returned to the park and found that there were still a few folks left from the rally. Some will be leaving tomorrow and of course, we leave on Tuesday. The adventure continues...

So long.

No comments: