Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday April 26, 2010-Elkhart Camground

We woke this morning with lots to do today. We are supposed to take the trailer in on Wednesday for the work to be done, and there are a lot of things we need to do first.

We ate breakfast in the trailer of some muffins that we had bought at Perkins Restaurant and left to run errands. I had received a message from Ed Weidig, one of our Heartland Owners club friends from Texas. He is in Elkhart for a meeting for work. He is delivering RV's, which I did about 10 years ago. He wanted to meet us for coffee, and we met at the Goshen fairgrounds, mainly because that was a location that we both knew. We had a nice visit with him over coffee, and exchanged stories of delivering RV's. Ed attended one of our Houston rallies and said he would try to come in October.

Stella and I went to Lambright's Furniture to look at some recliners. This place is way out in the boonies near Shipshewana. The store is run by Amish people and we got their name from Rick and Brenda who had bought some chairs here last year. They make nice chairs, but we were not impressed with some of the features on them, so I think we'll keep looking. They're nice chairs and certainly worth a look, but they didn't quite fit what we need.

We were going to eat at a small restaurant near the flea market in Shipshewana but it was closed today. We ended up at The Blue Gate, a famous Amish restaurant, and had a great meal there. While there, we ran into the Wigleys again. Small world! Here we are, 1300 miles from home, and have already met with one fellow that we know from Texas and are parked next to another friend who are from Arkansas that we met in Texas. I guess that's to be expected when you live our lifestyle of traveling all the time.

I have been playing phone tag with Jim Fenner, the service manager at Heartland, about a time for getting our trailer in on Wednesday. We drove through some beautiful country on our way back to Elkhart, and just stopped in at Jim's office. We met with him and he said to bring the trailer in tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so we went home and started getting things ready to go.

We first thought of staying in one of the cabins here at the park, but when we looked at them, they are very basic little cabins with nothing in them. We would have had to bring in our own lines, towels etc. and then walked over a block to go to the showers and bathroom. We decided to go to the Red Roof Inn, nearby, where we would at least have our own bathroom.

So long.

No comments: