Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday April 12, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

I woke this morning and went down to have coffee with the guys in the rally hall. We have some lively discussions at times but try to avoid some things like politics and religion. Gwen has agreed to buy us a topological map that shows roads and highways so that we can actually see where we are going when we leave here. I am looking forward to seeing it.

I had to take some of my "stuff" down to Kim's house to store it while we are gone. We have decided that this will be a light load trip. We intend to leave as much as we can here if it won't be used, including the porch and television dish. We won't be at one location long enough to use these items, so rather than lug them along, we decided to leave them.

Bill was going to ride down with me, but he got a call that a friend of his in his union hall had died and he had to go to the hall to pay his respects. I made a pretty quick trip down but stopped by the house to see what progress had been made. A hispanic man was there to make an estimate on some of the work, but I didn't talk to him too much due to the language barrier. It didn't appear that anything has been done yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

I came on back home and found out that TxBobcat, one of my Heartland RV friends had arrived. I hung out with Bill and Stella and went to bed.

So long.

No comments: