Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday June 17, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Here is Ian with his Dad and Mom in front of their motel in Galveston. I thought it was very nice of him to have brought them with him to visit.
Ian and his Pop. I just don't get to see enough of him.

Ian and his MeMaw.

The day's activities...

I woke this morning and went down to the rally hall to make coffee for the guys and me. This is my routine on the mornings that we get together. I go down about 6 and start the coffee and come back home to get showered and cleaned up. Then we all meet around 7 to solve the world's problems.
I came back home and ate breakfast and took Stella to work. When we got there the air conditioner had stopped working or had frozen up over night. Either way, it was warm in the office. There was nothing for me to do today, so I left. I went home via Tomball to buy fuel and sure enough, the mini gas-price war was still going on and now the Valero has diesel for $2.69 a gallon. I filled up the big tank and most of the smaller one when Stella called me to come pick her back up. She had called Gwen and was told to take the day off. I've gotta admit, it would have been miserable in that office with no a/c. I went back and got her but along the way, I stopped off at an upholstery shop to get a quote on fixing a small tear in my seat. The guy told me that most of my seat cover is actually vinyl that looks like leather, and that he can replace the damaged portions for about $275.00. Wow, I was expecting to pay much more than that! We'll have schedule something with him.
We came on back home and relaxed for the rest of the morning. It actually worked out better for us for Stella to have been sent home because Ian brought his Mom and Dad down for a couple of days to visit Galveston, so this gave us a better opportunity to go down to see him.
We took a leisurely drive down to the island with little traffic. It was a nice day to be on the highway in Houston with no traffic problems or accidents. When we got to the hotel where they were staying, we tried to call Jennifer on her cell but she didn't answer. I tried a couple more times and couldn't get her, so I went to the hotel phone and finally got in touch with her. She said they have no cell phone service in the hotel, which sucks! We finally got together so all is well. Ian was taking a nap when we got there, but soon woke and started playing. We were all hungry, so we walked across the parking lot to Tortuga's Cantina where we ate. The food was okay, but wasn't real tasty. We had a very nice visit with them and of course, Ian and I played while we ate.
We returned to the hotel and took a few photos. After hugs and handshakes and of course, a lot of loves from Ian, we left to come back home. It was another good trip, without any traffic slow-downs. It ended up as a very nice day.
So long.

2 comments:

Rick and Brenda said...

Isn't it nice to have family close?
It sure has been nice while we have been here.
Looking forward to seeing the girls and Fred.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! Galveston was cooler today than anywhere.