Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tuesday June 15, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

I want to talk a little more on the floods in Arkansas that killed several campers. First of all, I think it is very important for all of us to have some sort of weather alert radio available, especially those of us that full-time and travel extensively. Some that I have seen require a state and county to be entered and some only a zip code. Either way, notification will be given for the area where you are for threatening weather. We use a Midland radio and it seems to work well, but the alert notice is very hard to understand.

Another big point is the areas where we go. Many times we are "out in the boonies" with bad or non-existent cell phone service or internet reception. I don't know of an internet-based alert system yet, but I'll bet there is either one available or one is being developed. Then one could use a park furnished wifi to connect to the internet and have a weather alert also. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to depend on the park to alert their guests of bad weather approaching.

Today was a pretty slow day here on the Rayford Crossing hacienda. I took Stella to work today in her new office. Gwen and Billy were there already there and working when we arrived and she started right in to work. I helped Billy a little bit, moving things from storage back into the office before I left. When I went back to pick her up, they had made amazing progress. They bought a new desk and it fit nicely in the office. I'll take some pictures when everything gets arranged and put in place. It looks really nice.

We stopped off at the 88 Buffet oriental restaurant for supper. It was very good, much better than most of the other buffets in the area. We will be back there. We came back home in time to see NCIS, my favorite show on television.

So long.

No comments: