Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wednesday June 23, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Today was a very slow day around here at the Rayford Ranch...I took Stella to work and rode home through Tomball and got fuel at the Raceway station where fuel is the cheapest ($2.69). I took 21.9 gallons to go 339.4 miles for a 15.49 MPG average. All of this stop and go driving is killing my mileage. I am seriously considering letting Stella drive to work and keep the truck all day long. It will cut our miles by 1/2 daily and she has promised to drive it carefully and not run any red lights, causing an accident.

I did hear from our old friend Mike and Patrice yesterday that they have bought a used Bighorn 3500 from Lone Star RV (south). You may not remember them because they used to camp out with us a lot but then got involved in motorcycles and sold their truck and trailer. It will be like old times for them to have a trailer again. They are planning to come here for the 4th of July weekend.

Mike worked for the LaMarque Police Dept. which is where I began my law enforcement career. He quit about the time I came on board, but we later worked together for the Dickinson Police Dept. He left there after about ten years and went to work for the City of Beaumont and then moved to the City of Missouri City and I again worked for him there doing Code Enforcement.

As I said, it was a slow day around here, but another one is in the books.

So long.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh no, you and Mike together again? Watch out!! :)