Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday May 10, 2010-moving day, Elkhart Campground to Terre Haute KOA

Today was our last day in Elkhart, so we got up pretty early to get ready to leave. Stella made me very proud of her by staying up late and getting another large box put away to clean up the inside of the trailer. Wow, will winter never leave? It was 33 degrees this morning when I woke.



Remember I told you that we had found a problem with the slide in the living room? I called Jim F. to report the finding and he said that we could bring the trailer over for the slide adjustment. It took us a little longer to get packed up than we first estimated, but we left the campground about 10:30 and went to the Heartland factory. I went in and got our friend Keith, who brought Brian with him and together they got the slide adjusted and some caulking that was not up to their high standards, so they fixed that too. We got away from the shop at 11:11, and hit the road to Terre Haute.



We breezed on down the road under clear skies and warming temperatures. By the time we left the shop, it had warmed into the low 50's, so it was a very pleasant day to be traveling. We made good time and blew right past the location where we had broken down on our trip up here.



Today is my sister, Bobbye Sue's birthday, so I called her at work to sing her Happy Birthday. I haven't heard too much from her in a long time, and I'm sure she had her reasons, but it was good to talk to her again, and I hope we will stay in touch. Family means a lot to me and we all need to do whatever we can to preserve our families.



We got to the KOA in Terre Haute about 3:45 and got set up by about 4:30. We really like this park. It is easy to get into from the freeway and very shady for cooler temperatures in the summer. I'm sure that we'll come back here.



So long.

No comments: