Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday, May 25 & 26, 2010-Rayford Crossing Resort

Our first two days of working at Timber Ridge Village were very uneventful. I took Stella to work both days and came back here to the park. On Tuesday, I stayed at Timber Ridge for awhile for Crystal to train me on the jobs I will be doing, getting the change out of the laundry room and doing various odd jobs that are needed here. Stella will have the most responsibility here and I am just her assistant. I walked around the park and picked up some trash and basically got familiar with the park. This job is going to be very easy.

Tuesday night Tommy fixed supper for us. He made chopped sirloin, mashed potatoes, corn and key lime pie for dessert. It was a very good meal and then we all sat inside their motorhome and watched the third installment of a three-part NCIS on television. We all love that show and it was nice of Tommy to have made supper for us.

Wednesday night supper was supplied by the park. They have bought a new video game, Family Feud, and wanted to play a couple of practice games before the crowds get here this weekend. Billy made hamburgers with all the fixin's for everyone that works at the park, and had included us and Tommy and Susan since he takes a lot of photographs for the park. Actually, Tommy had gone back to their house because he has a photo shoot in the morning down there, so he left before the burgers were ready. We divided up into the boys versus the girls to play the game and of course, the guys won!

I think the job is going to work well for us. I don't mind driving over to take her and pick her up but I think she is going to drive over by herself to see how bad the traffic is for her. We'll see how this works out. If this continues, we could take this job for the winter. We already have plans to stay here for the winter, so this may just work out. I'll let you know what we do.

So long.

No comments: