Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday May 28, 2011-Moving Day-Hinton RV Park, Sikeston MO to KOA of Terre Haute IN

We are getting better at getting up, eating breakfast and packing to leave. Today we pulled out at 9:00. It was very cool again this morning, just another great weather day. It was cloudy and threatened rain all the way to Indiana and when we arrived here, the first thing we saw on the weather channel was a severe thunderstorm warning but it was for the Indianapolis area and missed us here in Terre Haute.

We crossed three states today, going from Missouri, through Illinois and ending here in Indiana, traveling less miles than we would have driven from Houston to Dallas. Its amazing how many states you can cross once you get out of Texas.

Stella took some good photos of the high water at the Mississippi river around the border between Missouri and Illinois but somehow they got lost between the camera and downloading them to my computer. I think she got some pictures of space aliens and close-up pictures of their UFO, along with pictures of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster and some other cool stuff, but I lost it! I really don't know why they didn't download but I'll be more careful. I'll probably get calls now from the National Enquirer and the Star asking for copies of the pictures but now I don't have them. It will be cool to just get the calls....

So long.

1 comment:

Norton Family said...

Ellen is just right down the road from you. Talked with her a few minutes ago and she told me it had turnwarm up there. I will have to tell her you drug the hot weather up there with you.