Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday February 19, 2012-Caddo Lake NWR

It was still cold this morning but at least it stopped raining. I woke about 6:30 and panicked that I was supposed to open the gates this morning, so I threw on my clothes and drove over but Todd had already unlocked everything. The gates are supposed to be open at daylight and closed at dusk, so I wasn't too late but I've got to get out of the habit of sleep late.

We didn't do anything today. We were still tired from standing all day yesterday so we took today off. We stayed inside and played with the dogs, which they enjoyed. Stella cut my hair and I took the dogs for a long walk.

There is a shooting range, including a half-mile sniper range here, so this evening I left the gates unlocked because some of the DPS officers are coming out to shoot tonight. I'll be surprised if they come out tonight, but that is what we were told. Tomorrow will mark our first week here. Not that I'm counting the days or anything... I'm really looking forward to our summer trip this year.

So long.

No comments: