Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesday September 25, 2012-Mountain View RV Park

It rained all night long, so we both slept in this morning. It was a good day to stay in sweats and relax after the long drive yesterday. At least it didn't get as cold as it was supposed to.

I went for my morning walk and saw one of the mountain tops that was covered with snow. It was the only one that I saw this morning and I am glad the snow is confined to the mountains and not down here in the valley.

I worked on the rally in Iowa and made trip plans for the route back to Texas and Boerne. It will be two days of longer drives than normal, but we'll get there after two overnight stops. I am really looking forward to getting back to Texas and some warmer weather. That sounds funny doesn't it? I have kind of missed the warm summer weather, but have enjoyed the cool weather at the same time. I guess I'm just lonesome for Texas. Guess you really can't get the Lone Star out of the boy..

I had a couple of nice comments on yesterday's post and I want to thank CJ  for her message about Verne's restaurant and to Joe and Sherri (speedysgreatadventure.blogspot.com). Joe (Speedy) said they are planning to come to Creede next summer. I have seen Speedy's name on the RV Dreams website.

Stella made some chili which was very appropriate with the weather like it is, and we invited Bill and Mary over to eat supper with us. It was nice to sit inside and have our supper, and as usual, Stella's food was great! Since we all will be leaving soon, it was nice to spend time with our friends.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite show, NCIS. Tonight was the season premier, and all I can say is GREAT SHOW!! I knew that Ducky wasn't dead...

So long.




1 comment:

Mike Mills said...

Well, it's about time you were coming home! I can't tell you how annoying it was to read about your carefree summer in cool (literally) places while we were roasting down here. But I'll get over it...I'm just jealous. Take care and welcome back to the Texas we love!